Converting a difficult and unfavorable working environment for information technologies into a productive environment which helps health personnel in the field. Having intervention monitoring data to assess actions in the field and measure their efficiency.
Time to market
Pillango is capable of generating its own application in moments, as required by some humanitarian emergencies.
Modularity is the basic principle of the software. Each organization has more than 50 business and system components required for its intervention
Thanks to this modular approach, each project can easily assemble a unique application, tailor-made and accurately suited to each type of intervention.
To cover every type of invention, the component parameters are adjustable allowing for the methodology used by the team in the field and by the legislation in force in the territory concerned.
The application guarantees capability of storing all the data securely. Information access is regulated and each access to the data is logged in a history.
Measurement of efficiency
Pillango offers the capability of assessing the gathered data both quantitatively (scorecards, real-time monitoring of treated beneficiaries) and qualitatively (field recommendations)
Participative exchanges and professional understanding
The Pillango software is the result of close collaboration between
Terre des hommes and Wopata
- Wopata spent several weeks on the ground in immersion with teams of Terre des hommes in order to identify issues related to the computerization of humanitarian intervention.
Numerous exchanges and creative meetings were also held with psychologists and
- members of the GNO to guarantee that the response given was specific and suited to the needs and constraints of this sector.
Wopata demonstrated, through this project, it's capability of using its professional understanding and the technology to find pragmatic answers to the specific requirements of its clients.
Pillango's architecture is based on a framework developed specifically to address the characteristics of the humanitarian intervention monitoring tools and a library of business components.
Secure access and respect for data confidentiality
Import of business variables and advanced configuration for each component
Selection of components and automated assembly of application
Each application is hosted in the SaaS mode on Amazon AWS
Ergonomics at the heart of the design
Pillango is compatible with all the web browser and operates without an Internet connection.
Pillango has an easy learning curve whatever the IT skills of the user
Pillango is available on web supports (HTML 5, CSS 3) and on mobiles (Android)
Assembling your application
An incremental system so that you can combine the components needed for your intervention in a few minutes
- Our expertise of Cloud Computing (Amazon AWS) guarantees the deployment of SaaS applications at a controlled cost.
- Respect our standards and our sensitivity to good practice comes from the exclusive use of Open Source technologies (Ruby on Rails, Node.js)
- Pillango offers a mass of tips and technological workarounds: Git, for instance, is used as a temporary repository for automatic deployment
Results and perspectives
- Pillango has been deployed in Lebanon since April 2012
- The next country for deployment: Nepal and Burkina Faso
- More than 600 cases of vulnerable children have been processed since deployment in Lebanon
- +20% gained in terms of input time